What do you think is the most searched plastic surgery procedure in Alabama? If you guessed liposuction, give yourself a pat on the back. Of course, liposuction happens to be one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed throughout the U.S.
At our Birmingham plastic surgery practice, liposuction is definitely in the top 5 of the most popular procedures we perform. Part of the reason for that is because it’s a great option for both women and men who want to reduce stubborn fat in certain trouble spots.
So, what are the reasons that prompt most people to call a plastic surgeon in Alabama? Here’s a list of the 5 most popular plastic surgery procedures in the state (based on personal observation and national statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.)
- Breast augmentation: This isn’t probably too much of a surprise because this procedure and liposuction are consistently at the top of the list every year nationwide. With the latest generation of cohesive silicone gel breast implants—which look and feel very similar to natural breast tissue—breast augmentation will remain a popular choice.
- Liposuction: Besides being popular with both men and women, liposuction’s popularity is also boosted by its versatility. The procedure, which involves suctioning excess fat using thin tubes called cannulas, can target virtually any area of the body. The abdomen, flanks, thighs, and buttocks are the most common treatment areas, but liposuction can reduce fat under the chin, on the upper arms, and even the knees and ankles.
- Breast lift: Women’s breasts inevitably lose their youthful shape, whether due to having children, weight loss, or simply because of aging. A breast lift restores the youthful perkiness of the breasts by removing excess skin and reshaping the breast tissue.
- Tummy tuck: Also called abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is a popular way for women who have had children to remove excess abdominal skin that remains no matter how much they exercise or watch what they eat. Tummy tucks, however, are effective for anyone who has lost significant weight and has excess skin. A tummy tuck, breast augmentation or breast lift (or both), and liposuction are all commonly included in Mommy Makeover procedures.
- Eyelid surgery: Facial plastic surgery such as a facelift or brow lift is popular, but blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) is more common than any other facial rejuvenation surgery. Men and women whose sagging upper eyelids make them look much older can have their appearances transformed with upper eyelid surgery. Lower eyelid surgery, either performed alone or combined with upper blepharoplasty, is also very popular among our patients.
Even though each of the procedures produces excellent results on its own when performed by a qualified, talented plastic surgeon, the procedures can be combined with nonsurgical treatments to enhance the outcomes. View our gallery of before-and-after photos to see the results some of our actual patients enjoy.
If you’re looking for a board-certified plastic surgeon, contact us using the online form to request a consultation or call us at (205) 933-9308 and we can schedule an appointment.
Leave a Reply