NeoGraft Hair Transplant
Men and women considering hair transplant and replacement in Birmingham, Alabama, traditionally have been told that they will need to plan for complex surgery and a lengthy recovery time. Now, with the innovative NeoGraft hair transplant system, you can enjoy a natural-looking hairline and fuller head of hair with minimal pain and recovery time.
Interested in learning more about our services and how Birmingham NeoGraft is revolutionizing hair transplantation? Request a visit for a Comprehensive Consultation or call us at (205) 933-9308.
Featured Before & After Photos
NeoGraft Before & After
This actual patient is shown before and after his 2,000-graft NeoGraft procedure with Dr. Beckenstein. For more photos of Dr. Beckenstein's NeoGraft patients, visit his online patient photo gallery.
Using his extensive education and experience, Dr. Michael Beckenstein now offers the Birmingham NeoGraft hair replacement system at his cosmetic surgery practice. He is the first to bring this revolutioary technology to Alabama! For even more information on this revolutionary hair transplant method, we invite you to visit our Birmingham NeoGraft site.
All About NeoGraft
Imagine looking in the mirror and enjoying the sensation of brushing and combing a lustrous, fuller head of hair. If hair loss, a receding hairline, and baldness have caused you to lose your self-confidence, it's time to discover the multiple advantages of NeoGraft hair replacement at Dr. Beckenstein's practice:
- NeoGraft is the first minimally invasive, automated hair transplant system that is FDA approved.
- Without a single scalpel incision or the need for sutures, patients can enjoy a natural-looking result and no scarring.
- Using the NeoGraft hair replacement system, Dr. Beckenstein covers larger areas, using more grafts in a single session, reducing the number of procedures and overall cost.
- Dr. Beckenstein only uses local anesthesia only during the procedure, reducing risk and cost.
- The Birmingham NeoGraft technology is more cost-effective, due to the revolutionary techniques that increase the number of grafts per session and reduce the number of procedures required.
The traditional hair transplant method, known as FUT (follicular unit transplantation), requires a surgically invasive procedure. Sometimes called the "strip" method, this procedure involves surgically excising a section of scalp, then suturing or stapling the resulting wound. The excised scalp section then is divided up and placed under microscopes, so that technicians can separate the grafts into units of 1 to 4 hairs. Single hair units are placed in the front for a hairline effect, with the remainder used for hair density. Single follicles can be extracted as well via follicular unit extraction (FUE) which eliminates the strip, but involves a lengthy, tedious process.
In contrast to the invasive surgery required for the "strip" hair transplant approach, the NeoGraft method for hair transplant offers these benefits:
- Significantly safer and minimally invasive: the NeoGraft hair transplant method utilizes FUE, so excision of a strip of the scalp is not needed. Instead, Dr. Beckenstein removes the follicles directly from the donor area using the Neograft unit.
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications: After the follicles are removed, they are separated into units and implanted in the same way as the "strip" method. With Neograft technology, this is faster and more efficient. Only local anesthetic is required, with no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation needed.
- Fast and easy recovery: Patients experience only minimal discomfort, as no scalpel incision or sutures are needed for the FUE method. And because NeoGraft relies on pneumatic pressure to extract the follicles and implant them, it's known as the "No Touch" method. As a result, there is less trauma to the hair follicles improving their survival.
- Natural-looking results: In contrast to the FUT method, the FUE procedure offers a full,more natural looking head of hair. Patients can even wear their hair cut short without having to worry about a scar.
- More cost-effective: Dr. Beckenstein can replace more hair in a single session, saving his patients time and money.
If you have other questions about NeoGraft or other hair replacement options, visit our Hair Transplant FAQ page.
NeoGraft Before & After
This hair transplant patient is shown before and after his 1,000-graft hair restoration procedure performed by Dr. Beckenstein with the NeoGraft system. For more photos of Dr. Beckenstein's NeoGraft patients, visit his online patient photo gallery.
Choosing the Right Surgeon
Selecting the right hair restoration surgeon is critical for achieving the natural-looking hair that you desire. Dr. Beckenstein possesses the skills, experience, and aesthetic awareness needed for this delicate procedure. The team he employs has more experience with Neograft technology than others in the country!